7 best industries for content marketing. Credit: Thinkstock Content marketing is an incredibly useful marketing strategy, and because of its practicality, almost any business can reap the benefits. Because customers of any business will need at least some information related to that business, there’s demand for content everywhere. Industries that serve customer problems — the kind that people search for to solve — are prime opportunities for content development. Specificity and uniqueness. Almost any type of professional service, from legal counseling to marketing consulting, can benefit from content marketing. Ecommerce stores operate exclusively online (usually), and can draw people in based on specific product searches. Restaurants are an interesting addition to this list, since there’s no clear “type” of content for them to produce, and most of them depend on physical locations, rather than online stores like ecommerce businesses. However, restaurants have practically unlimited potential when it comes to local SEO. The real estate industry also stands to benefit greatly from content marketing.
Content marketing is an incredibly useful marketing strategy, and because of its practicality, almost any business can reap the benefits. The premise is simple; use interesting, unique, in-demand and well-written content to naturally attract more people to your brand and website. Because customers of any business will need at least some information related to that business, there’s demand for content everywhere. However, some industries measurably benefit from content marketing more than others.
Why not all businesses benefit equally
What’s to account for this inequality? What factors make an industry benefit more from content marketing than others?
- Consumer problems and questions. Industries that serve customer problems — the kind that people search for to solve — are prime opportunities for content development. If you can answer a customer question with content, you’ll instantly be seen as an authority.
- Cycles of innovation. Some industries simply have more to write about than others, thanks to ongoing cycles of innovation. Industries that change often can use content marketing more than ones that have been the same for decades.
- Specialized information. Any industry with specialized or privileged information instantly gets a boost, due to the rarity and appeal of the information they can publish through content.
- Specificity and uniqueness. Serving a niche audience gives you a competitive advantage while serving “common knowledge” and common sense will leave you at a disadvantage.
- Online presence. Content marketing happens mostly online, so if that’s where most of your transactions take place, you’ll be at an advantage.
Top industries for content marketing
The above factors describe industries that stand to gain more from content marketing, but what are some of the most benefiting industries out there?
1. Medical and healthcare. It takes years of studying just to scratch the surface of modern medical knowledge, which is why medical organizations, healthcare organizations, and medical education institutions stand to benefit enormously from…