Author: Michael Brenner / Source: Marketing Insider Group Livestreaming is an excellent tool for increasing interest in your brand – befo
Livestreaming is an excellent tool for increasing interest in your brand – before, during and after the event happens. It expands your audience and breaks down the barriers of space and time. Anyone who’s interested can view it as it happens, whether they live across the globe or across town, or check out the recorded video when they have the time later on.
A livestreamed video can be used to create momentum as you make announcements about livestreaming the event, letting people know when and how to tune in, or even share pre-event footage.
It motivates social media engagement among both attendees and viewers while the event is live. And, after the dust settles, you have high-value content to offer on your website and a jump-off point for countless social media posts as you recap, tweet and share the best quotes and takeaways from the event.
The value potential doesn’t stop there. Of the people who watch your livestreamed event video, 30% are likely to attend next year.
You, and the 77% of B2B marketers planning on using this strategy, can take advantage of major event marketing benefits. You just have to know how to leverage your event video.
Build Your Audience
To get the most out of your video, you’ve got to promote it well before it happens. This will give people enough of a chance to schedule time on their calendars for viewing.
Of course, you’ve already been promoting your event on your social media channels either through your brand’s social media accounts, separate event pages, or both. As a general rule of thumb for event marketing, make a special omni-channel announcement of your event’s livestreaming video about a month before, listing the time it will take place and what viewers need to do to watch.
- Send out emails to all potentially interested leads in your database.
- Create a hashtag for the livestreaming.
- Spread the word on social media with a professional-looking, branded announcement.
- Use a tool like HootSuite to stagger reminders and updates about your event’s livestreaming video.
- Create a contact list with your email marketing software so you can specifically target anyone who has expressed interest and avoid bombarding those who may not be interested. You can create an RSVP landing page on your website to capture this all-valuable target market data. Once the event is over, this same landing page can be used to download the video for viewing.
Entice with a Teaser