In 2018, we saw the expansion of Facebook Watch and the arrival of IGTV, both of which highlight just how important video is going to be on social media this year. Share customer testimonials – How often do you get someone else’s opinion on a product or service before you spend your money? It’s time to go live Speaking of video, live video is on a steady rise. While live video has been around for a while, it’s popularity on Facebook and, more recently, Instagram has made it a big opportunity for marketers in 2019. If you don’t know where to start with live video, think about what your customers might be most interested in watching. And remember – never buy social media followers! When a brand uses an influencer marketing strategy, they focus on an influential person rather than targeting their audience. Take the time to find the influencers in your industry by looking at social channels like Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube to determine who is posting about topics related to your business. Overall, 2019 is going to be a year of highly personalized and engaging content. It’s time to truly engage with your customers through live videos, spark one-on-one conversations on Instagram, and be open and honest, or risk losing trust.
Ah, yes. It’s a brand new year and you’re scouring the internet for what you should be paying attention to on social media.
As a small business owner, you’re likely already on a race against time when it comes to your marketing. That’s why it’s important to know where to focus your energy and what will have the greatest return for your effort.
Unfortunately, it can be hard to predict just what will be this year’s “big thing” in the always-changing realm of marketing. After all, if you take a peek back at lists just like this one from a few years ago, you’d probably laugh and say, “wow, that would never work today!”
Social media is fast-paced and it’s important to always stay on your toes
Still, there are a few things we can say with confidence will be a BIG deal this year. These five trends are guaranteed to make a splash in 2019, so fold them into your planning to make the most of your social media marketing:
1. Visuals, visuals, and more visuals
It feels like every year the internet is abuzz with the “video is on the rise” speech, but it’s true. By this year, 80% of the world’s internet traffic will be video. With a statistic like that, it’s easy to see why video is worth your time and investment.
According to WordStream, 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter, and more than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day! As video – particularly mobile video – continues to rise, you may be wondering how you can use video in your business’ marketing strategy.
Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Introduce yourself – Your business is likely getting new followers all the time and some may not know the backstory of how you got to where you are today.
- Share customer testimonials – How often do you get someone else’s opinion on a product or service before you spend your money? Customer testimonials help people on the fence take the next step.
- Show off your company culture – Do you have a super fun office? Did your business just throw an awesome event for its employees? Believe it or not, highlighting your culture doesn’t just help for recruiting. Buyers want to know they’re spending their money with a business that cares for its employees.
- Thank your customers – After all, you wouldn’t be where you are without them. While “thank you” videos are typically an end-of-year item, your customers are buying from you every day, not just during the busy, year-end holiday season. Take a quick moment to thank them and don’t be afraid to use some humor or let your personality shine through!
Remember, you don’t need to be a professional videographer with expensive equipment to take advantage of video for your business. Simply pick up your cell phone and start recording!
2. It’s time to go live
Speaking of video, live video is on a steady rise. While live video has been around for a while, it’s popularity on Facebook and, more recently, Instagram has made it a big opportunity for marketers in 2019. According to a 2018 Visual Networking Index by Cisco, live Internet video will account for 17% of Internet video traffic by 2022.
Going live is a great way to build trust and loyalty as it is an authentic way to communicate with your audience. Of course, there is innate risk…