One-Week Schedule for Promoting Your Lead Magnet. Make a list of the following: Ten of the most popular blogs in your niche (use www.BuzzSumo.com to help you find that). Make a list of all the people in your industry who you personally know who have a blog, podcast, or other platform. Also include a link to that video in the video settings and post description. In preparation for tasks later in the week, read the blogs of your top bloggers and make any notes about their blogging style that you can use later in the week. Send an email to your list with a link to your blog post. of the email and at the end of your blog post, include a link to your lead magnet. Wednesday Use this day to contact the people you know who have networks you can tap into by doing one (or both) of the following: Send them a personal email to ask if they’d be willing to share a link to your blog post to their social media followers. Listen to the remaining podcasters you haven’t heard yet and make notes about their shows. Send an email request to be a guest on one of the podcaster’s shows.
Follow the instructions for each day, and complete all the tasks listed to see maximum results from your lead magnet promotions.
Sunday night, as the weekend is winding down, take some time to do a little research. This will set you up for success for the rest of the week. Make a list of the following:
- Ten of the most popular blogs in your niche (use www.BuzzSumo.com to help you find that).
- Ten of the most popular podcasts in your niche that are ranked 75 to 100 in popularity. You don’t want to focus on the top ten as they are hit up for requests all day long. Start with the super strong but less popular shows to get your feet wet. (Visit iTunes, then Podcast, to get these.)
- Make a list of all the people in your industry who you personally know who have a blog, podcast, or other platform.
- Create an easy-to-give domain name for your lead magnet with www.GoDaddy.com (buy a domain), or use www.TinyURL.com to create one for free.
- Now get to sleep: You have a busy week ahead!
Note: If you have a teeny-tiny list right now, some of these strategies might seem pointless, but don’t use that as an excuse not to do them. Even if you only have 12 people on your email list and eight Twitter followers (and some of them are family members and yourself), start with those 12 and run through these strategies. The more you do this step, the more your audience will grow and the more comfortable you’ll grow with self-promotion.
It’s time to do your own self-promotion of your funnel to drive traffic and comments before you reach out to others to promote it.
- Use Facebook’s Live Video and Instagram Stories to share with your audience three bullet points or one main tip from your blog. At the end of the video, send them to the lead magnet web page to get more information. Also include a link to that video…