Author: Steven Tulman / Source: Business 2 Community The world of social media marketing has changed drastically over the last couple of
The world of social media marketing has changed drastically over the last couple of years, and it will continue to change. This makes staying ahead of the digital curve a critical factor in the success of businesses around the world. Understanding how to take advantage of new features social media platforms continually roll out is key and to do that, marketers have to be perpetually looking forward.
So what’s next in the world of social media marketing? For those looking to get the most out of their campaign, marketers will need to channel their efforts into live video, engaging influencers, and creating buzzworthy content. Let’s examine each one individually.
1. Live Video is the Way to Go
Video content has become an important avenue for social media marketers to reach their audiences. However, live streaming has proved itself to be an even more effective way to generate views. Studies show that people are watching live video three times more than pre-recorded videos on Facebook. The social media platform has even altered their algorithm to ensure live videos remain closer to the top in news feeds than pre-recorded content.
Videos have become imperative to marketing strategies, since they have a vastly greater organic reach than photo posts on most social media platforms. Also, live video takes things one step further by allowing your audience to engage with you directly. This makes live streaming an ideal platform for real-time Q&As, a great way to create brand advocates, and an effective tool to promote conversation about your product, service, and brand.
Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram have made the ability to go live incredibly easy. However, there are still some crucial aspects to consider before you make your live stream debut:
- Make sure to test your connection. Use a dedicated hot spot to ensure that your live stream broadcast doesn’t drop unintentionally due to bandwidth issues.
- Make your headline enticing. Your headline plays a major role in drawing in people to join your live stream. When creating a live stream title, make sure that you give the audience a reason to want to watch your content.
- Promote before going live. An impromptu live stream won’t have nearly the same success as one that is scheduled and promoted. Promotion will help encourage participation from your audience.
- Sound is important. Sound can make a huge difference in your live stream, which makes it crucial that you have the proper sound amplification.
- Prepare for audience participation. Live stream allows a two-way conversation, and engaging your audience this way can be incredibly beneficial. It’s important to be prepared for potential questions and to monitor them so no one feels left…