Facebook Live Video Video is one of the best ad formats on social, and Facebook Live Video ads are taking center stage. This makes video creatives a must for your Facebook ads at every stage of the buying funnel. Custom Audiences – Engagement: These will be the users that have already interacted with your brand on Facebook. In the awareness stage of your social buying funnel, you are testing multiple audiences. Your awareness stage ad creatives will be your first influencer marketing test. However, it is best to test your audiences and let your influencer introduce your brand via Facebook Live or pre-recorded videos. Remember, you are simply building up those qualified leads to remarket in a powerful way in the consideration and conversion stages. And someone who has viewed 95 percent of your awareness stage video is probably ready to convert and you can skip the consideration stage for that audience group. By the time your target audience has reached the conversion stage they have seen your products or services several times, they have already interacted with your influencer videos, and they have most likely done a bit of research on your brand. By using the above strategy for each stage of your buying funnel, you will net qualified, ready to buy leads that are excited about your brand, products, or services.
When used as part of a cohesive digital marketing strategy, they are a winning combination to push consumers down the buying funnel.
Influencer marketing has proven to have almost 7x better conversions than regular ads. When you amplify an influencers message to Facebook’s limitless audience, you have the potential for instant, credible growth, and visibility.
From Awareness to Consideration to Decision, here’s how to use Facebook ads with influencers to push consumers down the buying funnel.
Facebook Live Video
Video is one of the best ad formats on social, and Facebook Live Video ads are taking center stage. In fact, Facebook is giving special treatment to businesses using video posts. Even Mark Zuckerberg used Live video to jumpstart its inception.
“Live video checks a lot of boxes for Facebook: It pulls in users, keeps them coming back, encourages them to post more original content, and gives Facebook a big runway for new advertising dollars,” said Jillian D’Onfro of Business Insider.
This makes video creatives a must for your Facebook ads at every stage of the buying funnel. From awareness to conversion, here’s how to go Live with your marketing message.
Step 1: Testing in the Awareness Stage
Let’s face it, people don’t hop onto Facebook with a desire to buy products or services. The over one billion active daily users on Facebook are mainly looking to connect with friends and family or catch up on what’s trending.
From one minute videos to two-second gifs, it is essential that your creatives are highly engaging.
This makes targeting users with high purchase intent challenging, but not impossible. To drive more users toward your top of the funnel marketing strategy use ads to test a variety of audiences.
- User Interests: Think about what your potential customers are interested in. This could be associations they belong to or even your competitors. These interest-minded groups serve as tests to narrow down the ads you will use later.
- Custom Audiences – Engagement: These will be the users that have already interacted with your brand on Facebook. Maybe you already ran a few product ads or users who have commented or liked your past posts.
- Custom Audiences – Lookalikes: Use a custom audience to build lookalike audiences. Your custom audiences can be based on email lists that you upload, website traffic, or engagement as mentioned above.
How to create Facebook video ads
- Log into your Facebook account, go to your Ads Manager, and then select Video views.
- Name your video ad campaign. It is best to give it a unique name to easily find it if you want to use it again down the road.
- Here you will create your Facebook ad audience parameters. These include location, language, gender, age, and more.
In the awareness stage of your social buying funnel, you are testing multiple audiences. This allows you to identify new audiences you may have otherwise overlooked. For instance, an age and gender range that gives you a larger potential audience.
- Now we want to narrow in our potential reach. It is best to aim…