How-Tos For Enterprises to Put Their Content Marketing Strategies in Place and Drive Conversions. Why does a business need a content marketing strategy? Devising a proper strategy helps in maintaining a consistent alignment between the content produced and the values that define a brand. By developing a documented content marketing strategy, reaching audience across channels becomes convenient. How do brands make their content marketing strategy better and effective? According to a study, 53% of the successful B2B content marketers possess a documented plan. Examining the performance of the content marketing metrics helps in ascertaining whether brands are meeting the goals. Just as the content needs to be user-centric, so does the content strategy. Optimizing the content systematically with the help of technology helps in identifying effective links for better performance. Speaker Robert Rose, Chief Strategy Advisor for the Content Marketing Institute, will guide marketers to understand: What aspects of a content strategy come first What do governance and workflow structures even look like, and why they’re important How to approach content – re-use How to look at technology, what are the frameworks of a content audit and why that’s even important ICC 2017 Las Vegas is the one content strategy event specifically designed for marketing practitioners.
Content marketing has become an integral part of every business due to its very nature of building trust within prospects, which then leads to conversions. It goes without saying that the sine qua non of an effective content is understanding the intent of the customer and taking the requisite action to deliver. It is critical to deliver the right content to the right individual at the right time.
Content marketing, as opposed to other digital marketing techniques, is not something one can jump into. Content cannot be produced and distributed haphazardly without a thorough game plan – the content strategy.
Why does a business need a content marketing strategy?
Devising a proper strategy helps in maintaining a consistent alignment between the content produced and the values that define a brand. This helps businesses to avoid producing content that lack a shared purpose or theme. By putting a content strategy in place, brands move away from quantity to quality. With the number of content collaterals going down, the ones produced are more relevant and meaningful, making the brand more credible. Relatable and thought-provoking content also helps in generating curiosity and interest that allows differentiating a content from its competitor’s.
By developing a documented content marketing strategy, reaching audience across channels becomes convenient. Careful charting of the course leads to greater productivity, conversions, and higher return on investment.
How to make your content strategy effective?
Brands who engage in any kind of content marketing – be it social media, eBooks, blogs, and likewise have some sort of strategy in mind, which needs to be documented. It is the outlining of methods that businesses follow to target, engage, and understand their audience. How do brands make their content marketing strategy better and effective?
- The strategy needs to be laid out and documented, so that it can be accessed as and when required. According to a study, 53% of the successful B2B content marketers possess a documented plan.
- It is important that the content team meet more often so as not to miss out on anything important. Regular meetings and discussions help in keeping all members of the team on the same page.
- It is essential to have a clarity of the business goals that brands set out for their content. Some of the common goals include brand awareness, increased leads, and customer retention.
- Examining the performance of the content marketing metrics helps in ascertaining whether brands are meeting the goals. Some examples of metrics are leads, sales, traffic, and social media engagement.
- Just as the content needs to be user-centric, so does the content strategy. Understanding the behavior of the customers, their preferred type of content, and estimating the path to purchase they wish to take is crucial for laying down the strategy.
- It is crucial for business owners to get their content promoted and distributed properly. According to a study, out of 53% business owners who say they need a content distribution strategy, only 26% of them have one in place.
- Tracing goals and metrics may not be enough, calculating the costs and the revenue of content marketing is an important aspect when it comes to devising the strategy.
Ensuring effective workflows for creating content
Content marketers, in order to publish relevant content, need to follow few of these points in the review and approval phases. Creating a template helps in following a consistent structure…