Ease up on the allegories. If youíre going to critique something, call out real names and companies. Donít create your own buzzwords. Hashtag responsibly. Limit yourself to two goofy headshots on your website. Think really, really hard before you launch a new podcast. Donít post your personal phone number online and ask people to text you. Only ask your followers questions if you actually care about their answers. Write your own blog posts. Be honest about whether youíre really a bestselling author.
1. Donít refer to yourself as a thought leader.
2. Write complete paragraphs (looking at you, LinkedIn poets).
3. Ease up on the allegories.
4. Take the passive-aggressive email subscribe box off your blog.
5. If youíre going to critique something, call out real names and companies.
6. Donít create your own buzzwords.
7. Remember that nobody cares about your business awards.
8. Remove all inspirational quotes from your social posts.
9. Stop writing on glass walls with a dry erase marker.