5 Interactions to Help Improve Your Follower Loyalty on Social Media. If you influence enough loyalty from certain followers, they could turn into brand evangelists, willing to promote your brand just because they’ve had such great experiences. People will be watching your brand and other brands closely, so you can’t get away with using a standard, generic corporate response for every interaction. Customize your responses to each respective follower, and mean what you say. You should also have a consistent voice, and a consistent way to address your followers’ questions, concerns and comments. With those rules in mind, you can influence follower loyalty with these five interactions: 1. In this way, you can use social media platforms like Quora, and build a reputation for informing and helping others. This will instantly win you the loyalty of the follower whose content you shared, and encourage your other followers to post more brand-related content. Keep in mind that the engagement and interactive components of your social media strategy are still just a fraction of your campaign. If you want to keep attracting new followers and keeping your existing ones informed and entertained, you’ll need to produce new content consistently, maintain a cohesive brand voice and make it worth people's while, through rewards and incentives, to follow your brand.
If you want to have a thriving social media campaign, you need a healthy base of followers. But too many business owners focus on accumulating sheer numbers, when they should really be spending their efforts improving follower loyalty, which will keep followers around for the long haul.
Fortunately, there are a handful of engagement-based strategies that can win a follower’s loyalty — sometimes in just one interaction — and permanently improve your brand’s image online.
Why loyalty is so important
Why is follower loyalty so important in the first place?
- Quality over quantity. It’s far better to have 100 strongly loyal followers than it is to have 10,000 followers who don’t particularly care about your brand. Loyal followers will be more willing to engage with your posts, share your content, recommend your product or services and ultimately make purchases from you. Though numbers can be helpful, quality still matters more than quantity, and follower loyalty is a measure of follower quality.
- The threat of competition. Brand loyalty is a rare commodity these days. Consumers have hundreds of options in nearly every conceivable field, and they can summon information on competitors in a flash. If your followers don’t feel compelled to keep up with your brand, they could easily switch to one of your competitors.
- Evangelism. If you influence enough loyalty from certain followers, they could turn into brand evangelists, willing to promote your brand just because they’ve had such great experiences. That amounts to free, virtually limitless new exposure.
Before I get to the five main interactions you’ll be using to instill follower loyalty, there are a few general rules that apply to your actions throughout each of those strategies:
- Sincerity. People will be watching your brand and other brands closely, so you can’t get away with using a standard, generic corporate response for every interaction. Customize your responses to each respective follower, and mean what you say.
- Personality. Followers want to interact with other people, not corporate bots. Make sure all of your interactions have a ring of personality to them, beyond your basic brand voice. That warmth will keep people coming to you for their interactions.