Author: Eleonora Zolotaryova / Source: Marketing Insider Group Search engines around the clock are watching the manipulation at the websi
Search engines around the clock are watching the manipulation at the websites and sometimes hit with the penalty even the fairest sites. If this is happening, even Google webmasters can’t give the exact answer why. And if being absolutely fair, there’s always something at your site with that you can find fault.
Common problems are the poor content and unhealthy backlinks promotion. In this article, I will tell you how to quickly check the entire quality of the site and the number of inbound links. And also what to look for to not get penalized by the search engines.
Common Google penalties for non-quality backlinks
Let’s start with theory and get acquainted with the main algorithms and penalties that Google uses while researching your backlinks.
- Penguin – for the sharp increase in the number of backlinks, for a predominance of low-quality links, for backlinks not relevant to the website’s subject and inner redirects.
- Bombing – for an excess of backlinks with the keyword as an anchor, which promotes the site in the search.
- Bowling – for competitors who are trying to drown you. Yes, if your competitors are using black hat methods against you, that will be you who will receive the penalty. Your competitors may spam you with commercial backlinks, send complaints to Google, artificially induce an enormous amount of traffic to your website. In this case, you can escape the penalty if notice that something is wrong in time and write to the support of Google.
In order not to get penalized, even for their black actions, you need to monitor backlinks of your domain once a week or two. Feel free to automate this process to make it quick and easier. In this article, I will describe how to track backlinks on the example of Serpstat, but you can use any similar tool. Besides Serpstat, I consider Ahrefs or Majestic to be perfect tools for this purpose.
Conducting the complex check of domain’s backlinks
What you need to check first:
- The movement of links for up to 3 months;
- Anchor links;
- Credibility and trust of donors;
- Types of links.
So, we turn to the Backlinks Analysis of Serpstat and enter our domain for verification…