SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STATISTICS Important to Small Businesses. We’ve collected these social media marketing statistics for small businesses from a variety of sources. More than 1 in 3 Internet users say they go to social networks when looking for more information about a brand or product. 70 percent of small business followers re-tweet content. Posts that include a link receive 200 percent more engagement. 5 percent of Pinners make a Pinterest-inspired purchase at least once a month. About half of the active pinners who have noticed promoted pins on Pinterest have clicked on them to get more information. Instagram has 58 times more engagement per follower than Facebook. 50 percent of Instagrammers follow a business. 75 percent of Instagrammers take action after being inspired by a post, like visiting a website, searching, shopping or telling a friend.
We’ve collected these social media marketing statistics for small businesses from a variety of sources.
Last updated: December 4, 2016
NOTE: to discover how many users each social network has, see our Social Media Statistics 2016 post.
GENERAL SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STATISTICS:
- 6 percent of small businesses report using social media to promote their businesses and among them, Facebook is far and away the top platform used:
- 44 percent of local businesses
- Almost 90 percent of marketers say their social marketing efforts have increased exposure for their business, and 75 percent say they’ve increased traffic.
- More than 50 percent of marketers who have been implementing social media marketing tactics for two years have reported improved sales.
- More than 1 in 3 Internet users say they go to social networks when looking for more information about a brand or product. The likelihood of doing this is linked very strongly to age:
FACEBOOK SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STATISTICS:
- 8 percent of social media marketers worldwide said Facebook produced the best ROI.
- Images are responsible for 75 to 90 percent of an ad’s performance on Facebook.
- Since so many Facebook users watch video without the sound on, captioned video ads can increase video view time by an average of 12 percent.
- The most effective length for an ad title on Facebook is four words, and 15 words…